Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Did you know...
the library keeps all of the new books in a special section near the computers? These books are easy to locate thanks to the neon green tape on the spine of the books. Check it out!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Not only does the Maitland Public Library offer programs with specials topics, there are programs that meet on a regular basis.
- Monday mornings at 10:00 a.m. (registration required)
Book Discussion Groups
- Contemporary Authors - 3rd Wednesday of Every Month at 1:30 p.m.- Next Meeting Date is February 20 and the book Bel Canto by Anne Patchett will be discussed
- Books to Die For Mystery Book Club - 4th Tuesday of Every Month at 7:30 p.m. - Next Meeting Date is February 25 The Covenant by Naomi Ragen
Knitting and Crocheting Club
- First Thursday Evening of Every Month at 7:00 p.m. - Next meeting date is February 7
Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Every Wednesday morning from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. the volunteers offer a plethora of gently used books for you to purchase.
If you have any questions about the programming above, please call the library at 407.647.7700
Friday, January 18, 2008
- Local author Tom Levine will talk about his books. January 19, 2008 at 2:00.
- Past Visions, Future Solutions: Solving the Conundrum of Suburban Sprawl - Road Scholars Program with Dr. Bruce Stephenson from Rollins College. January 26, 2008 at 2:00.
- Books to Die For Mystery Book Discussion Group will be talking about What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman - Tuesday January 22, 2008 at 7:30.
Hope to see you there!!!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
FYI: The word blog originates from the term weblog; web meaning online and log meaning journal or diary.